This challenge will be actively discussed on the Discord (brianmm.chat). Participants are encouraged to collaborate with others on the Discord as well as publish their GitHub repositories ether in Discord or in the comments. Happy coding!
📅 Active Dates: 3/9 – 3/13/2020
- In the language of your choice, build a small API that returns some data.
- Then take that API and create a DOCKERFILE that will build a container.
- Publish that container to the docker registry of your choice.
- Deploy that container to AKS.
- Test with Postman.
Tips & Approaches
Here are some resources to get started;
- Microsoft Sample AKS Container: https://hub.docker.com/r/microsoft/sample-aks-helloworld
- Deploy an AKS cluster using the Azure CLI: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/aks/kubernetes-walkthrough
- Dockerfile Fundamentals: https://dev.to/marcbeaujean/dockerfile-step-by-step-creating-a-custom-container-2ccm
This will be a two part solution. I ran into some issues due to my lack of understanding of Kubernetes, but the follow up will be in next weeks video!
This stream is no longer available…